We believe in our product and are happy to provide support for it. We want to help our customers make their sites faster by using our plugin and we are genuinely committed to solving problems with WP Rocket.
We believe in mutual respect and take a collaborative approach to resolve issues related to WP Rocket.
Support Hours and Response Times
We are fully staffed during the week, Monday – Friday, and provide very limited support on most Saturdays and Sundays. There will be some days of the year when we are completely closed or with minimal staff due to holidays that are celebrated by a majority of our team, such as Christmas.
Our average first response time is typically less than 24 hours. This could vary depending on ticket volume, minimal staff due to national holidays, company events, or other reasons.
But rest assured that we do reply to every support ticket that we receive!
Our team is remote and distributed across several continents. Your ticket may be answered by a Rocketeer in a different timezone than you. Each teammate’s timezone is provided in their email signature. Please take note and adjust your expectations when expecting a reply.
We love our jobs, but we do sleep 🙂
Support is intended to help with specific issues; it doesn’t include full plugin configuration from scratch or custom development. If that’s what you would like, we have a partnership with Codeable:
Some issues, such as general performance issues, server-specific issues or those caused by third parties are out of our scope. We will provide you any tips and direction we can in those cases but we are not responsible for solving those issues.
Support is provided via email only. We do not provide 1-on-1 support via telephone or online platforms such as Skype.
In some cases where the issue seems specific to your installation, we may ask for WordPress and (s)FTP access to investigate. We recommend some best practices:
- Where possible, provide access to a staging or duplicate version of your site where the issue can be reproduced.
- We treat your sites with respect and care, but when providing access to a live production site, we recommend taking a backup first as it will provide extra peace of mind for all of us.
- Use temporary access accounts. Don’t provide us (or any other support team!) with your own account info. Create accounts that you can then delete when our work is done.
- Do not send access info in plain text in the body of an email. Use a tool such as https://onetimesecret.com to securely send us credentials. We will temporarily store these credentials until we are finished working on the ticket, then we will delete them.
Code of Conduct
Support is provided with the following expectations which apply to both customers and Rocketeers:
- We will remember our mutual humanity! We are real people, not anonymous bots behind a keyboard. Before sending a reply, consider if it would be appropriate to say in-person. if not, it probably shouldn’t be written either.
- We will be polite to each other. We understand that issues may be frustrating, but we will not tolerate offensive language, discrimination, insults, harassment, or intimidation. If you choose to personally attack a member of our support team, for example by using rude or insulting language, we will ask you once to refrain. If the behavior persists, we will refund you and terminate our working relationship.
- Any form of hate speech or discriminatory language based on, for example — gender, gender identity, race, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion — will be met with immediate termination of our working relationship.
We use Help Scout to manage support tickets. It provides a feedback system. Be aware that the whole team sees your feedback and that it is subject to the Code of Conduct above.
We definitely welcome feedback about what we could do better, but please make it constructive.
Please let us know if your site has adult content, so we can be aware of what we may be looking at. Our support Rocketeers do have the right to conscientiously object to work on sites if they are uncomfortable with the content. While we will try to find a Rocketeer to help you, depending on the content, that may not be possible.
Right of Refusal
We reserve the right to refuse our services (our licensing, support, and any affiliated services) to any individual or organization at our sole discretion. Some cases where we may refuse are sites with any form of hate speech/discrimination, adult sites with extremely graphic/disturbing content, or sites that may have malware/viruses.
Diversity and equality are part of our company culture and we additionally reserve the right to ensure our services are never used in a way that would promote hate, violence, racial, or any other form of intolerance.